Alaska (original)

Inspired by the novel "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.




Download a free MP3 here.

Lyrics:
The Great Perhaps is what I set out for that today
And matter of fact, I may have found it in the most peculiar way
Her eyes were green
And her smirk was mean.
I was a drizzle, she was a hurricane.

And now I'm looking for something that I can't find
And I know that we don't have that much time together
She taught me everything I knew about
Crawfish and kissing and pink wine and poetry
And she, she made me different.
And now I'm looking for something that won't find
And I know that we don't have that much time together
She taught me everything I knew.

When she asked me to kiss her it took me by surprise
Tried to look away but I couldn't avert my eyes
My laugh was nervous
I didn't deserve this
I was Rhode Island, she was Alaska.

About cigarettes and labyrinths
And anything that is or isn't complex

0 comments: